Friday, June 10, 2005

Transition

It's my last day at the office, at least for 2005. I really can't say if I'll ever come back, but that is not the official line... and since I'm still -- in theory at least -- "working from home" till the baby comes, it's all rather anticlimactic. I guess it's good that it doesn't feel more emotional -- must mean I'm ready to bolt. Would have been nice if someone had suggested lunch or some kind of sendoff, but I guess they figure I'll be around, and I probably will be... and frankly half our office is on maternity leave or business trips anyway. Whatever. I'm over it and them.

My doctor's office called and will schedule induction -- assuming labor doesn't happen naturally before then -- for either next Friday (one week!!!) 6/17, or the one after, 6/24. I'm selfishly hoping for 6/17, but guess I gotta do what the doctor says is best, and what the hospital can accommodate. We'll see... hopefully she'll come on her own in any case... I just want to do this thing already!

1 Comments:

Blogger robyn said...

If you deliver on 6/17, our babies should have the same birthday as that's when my c-section is scheduled (assuming I don't go early)!

You are seriously my hero for working right 'til the very end. Just getting out of bed every morning has been an accomplishment for me this week!

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home