Wednesday, June 08, 2005

And another thing.

After a friend bullied me into thinking about daycare centers (in spite of the fact that I really cannot think much at all beyond pushing the kid out of my body), I called a couple near my house. Just want to make sure I'm covered, although I have *no* idea what I am going to want/need to do after my maternity leave runs out.

One just told me "Our wait list for infants is now running 16-24 months."

Um, people? 16-24-months-old are not infants anymore, last time I checked. Does this mean people are seriously getting on daycare waitlists BEFORE they are getting pregnant? Maybe BEFORE they meet/settle on their spouse? Is this something you should discuss and get to work on between the first date movie and the first date goodnight kiss?

This is not only terrifying but psychotic.

Anyway. I'd write more, but I gotta go sign my unborn child up for SAT class now so she can get into college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home