Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Craigslist Confessional

I would like to take this opportunity to say I love, love, LOVE Craig's List. Thanks to my fabulous new best friend Craig, whoever he is, I have bought ALL KINDS OF THINGS for baby, very few of them new, but no one would know it.

On Friday, I discovered a posting for an exersaucer -- like new -- EXACTLY like the one I registered for... for less than half the price, and already assembled (and honey, that is worth WAY more than mere money).

Needless to say, I bought it. When I got the brand new one at my shower the next day, I took it right back for store credit. The gift-giver will never be the wiser. I was gleeful in my deception.

Along the same lines, around the time of our wedding, we found our gorgeous Waterford crystal at Costo for half the price (I admit my first thought was WTF? Costco? Wedding crystal? Does not compute!)... After I got over the snob factor, I took the pricey stuff all back to Macy's, then bought it again at the bulk retail paradise (or hellhole, depending on your take and my mood).

What do you say -- irredeemably cheap, or heroically brilliant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home