Tuesday, November 30, 2004

...And Then Again, Sizing Down.

So, my sister got laid off this afternoon. Totally out of the blue. They told her she had been doing a great, great job and they really liked her, they just were downsizing. She didn't see it coming, and basically she had to clear out right away because I guess in live media they worry someone's going to go postal on the air or something. Poor thing wasn't even allowed to send out a "goodbye" email or tell anyone she got laid off -- just had to gather her stuff and leave.

I know she will land on her feet and probably it will work out for the best in the long run, but she's crushed -- and it's so hard when they pull this shit around the holidays. And between this and breaking up with W. a few months ago, I just hope she doesn't go back into one of her big funks. She has definitely been known to spiral.

Ugh! I hurt for her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home