Monday, November 15, 2004

Blogs can break your heart.

I guess it only makes sense that people oftentimes turn to their journals when things are not so great. Lord knows I can't bring myself to reread my teenage diaries, because I know when things were going well enough, I couldn't be bothered to write.

The "next-blog" button is like an addiction, and I tend to stop on the ones that are truly wrenching -- because let's face it, those are the ones that are interesting (I like the funny ones too, but that's another fix entirely). Maybe secretly they make me feel better about me. Mostly, they fill me with a profound sense of the enormity of drama in EVERY SINGLE PERSON'S life... All those faceless people pushing and shoving their way through Costco or sitting on the freeway -- relevant to my life only in the space they take up -- are probably the bloggers I read.

I only hope that the writing -- and my vicarious experience thru reading -- eases the pain, even a bit.

I'm thinking about you, blog people, even though you don't know me. Thanks for letting me in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home