Friday, November 12, 2004

He just ain't gettin' it

Okay I know they say pregnancy is MUCH more abstract to the potential father, esp. this early when he has no real proof of this major thing happening inside me other than me constantly complaining about wanting to barf my guts out.

BUT. I would really appreciate him not acting like I'm taking advantage of the situation when I ask him to PLEASE get me some juice or some cheerios or whatever, including sighing and eye-rolling and asking if I'm planning to "play this card" for the next 7.5 months. Then when I cry saying he was joking and he "loves" taking care of me, blah blah blah. No. Too little too late, buddy.

The truth is, he's a good-hearted soul, and it probably was a joke. And, at the end of the day, he gets the job done. But I am not going to feel guilty about doing all the "real" work here. Nor for my raging hormones. And if he doesn't think it's work, I invite the symptoms on him (only temporarily, of course). It ain't pretty, and we've only just begun.

I'd stay mad if he wasn't so gosh darn cute.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home