Monday, November 29, 2004

Bad News

S. is back in the hospital again -- with an unknown infection, wiping out what little was left of his white blood cells. All counts are back down to zero, his morale is terrible, the family is depressed, and I think this is an all-time low for him so far. Even when he thought he had three weeks to live he remained upbeat, for everyone else's sake if not his own. I'm concerned that his being angry/frustrated/fed-up will wreak bodily havoc as well. But how the hell do you think positive thoughts when nothing seems to be making you better?

G. and I will go visit this weekend -- either at home or in the hospital. Wish I knew how to fix him. He so doesn't deserve this... and things were looking so good (relatively) for awhile. Maybe we'll tell him our news (I'm getting a bit reckless with it as we get nearer but not all the way to 12 weeks, I fear) -- maybe some good news will brighten things, at least a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home