Thursday, February 23, 2006

One of "them"

I have become something I used to loathe:

A shopping cart abandoner.

It used to drive me crazy. I mean, come on, how hard is it really to walk a little ways to put your cart in the proper receptacle. Helps out the next guy, helps out the poor guy whose job it is to round up the carts (surely that guy needs a break), doesn't block parking spaces, and even is a tiny modicum of exercise.

And yet, suddenly with baby, everything changes. Suddenly the cart return lanes seem 100 yards away. The store itself is WAY too far to go. Can't leave baby alone in the car while I run to return it can I? Can't make someone wait for my parking space while I unload groceries, take baby and cart back, return, THEN put baby in carseat, right? Better just to leave it and dash and hope no one sees...

It's funny, the things that can turn into obsession...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home