Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Just like that...

So I quit my job on Friday.

Or, I should say, I quit my career on Friday. The "so cool" career I was "so lucky" to have. That I worked pretty damn hard for. That I could not even bear staying in for one second longer.

Over. Done.

Thursday I was emotional about it. Friday I felt liberated. When I looked at the baby on Friday afternoon, I felt like I had won the lottery. For fun, I actually played the lottery. I didn't win -- but whatever.

I don't know what happens next. It's scary. But sometimes I think scary is good -- sometimes you just have to jump off the ledge and hope for a soft landing.

Here goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quit my longtime "career" one year ago next week, taking a job as a LUNCHLADY in my teens school. I have never looked back...and never been happier. good luck to you

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home