Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I need to get out more.

At my mommy's group yesterday we were talking about separation anxiety, and how the babies will be experiencing it soon if not already.

I had a moment of clarity and realized it is ME who experiences the separation anxiety, every time I leave the house (and it is admittedly not very often).

As we talked I realized I have been away from the baby out of the house approximately 10 hours since she was born -- and mostly for doctor's appointments and boring stuff like that. She has been resistant to taking a bottle (a vicious cycle -- she won't take it, so I don't go out without her, so she doesn't have to take it, blah blah blah), and I guess I am more or less chained to her.

It's not all bad -- in truth I can hardly stomach the idea of someone else caring for her (although a bit more volunteeering from my husband would be nice) -- but it's not realistic for the long-term.

Bottom line: baby needs to get some bottle training, and mommy needs to get some away-from-baby training! Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a hard time with it at first, but I now I get out every chance I get. I am SUCH a better mommy if I get breaks. A lot of times I round up some girlfriends, leave the baby with the hubby, and go to the mall.

-Jess http://jess.jaimemavie.com

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you talked to a lactation consultant about the baby's eating preference?

--Abby

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home