Friday, December 16, 2005

Taking a short break


I guess you've noticed I've been absent, if any of you are still here. Hawaii was good -- definitely a different sort of vacation with 9 people in 1 condo, but really nice overall. My in-laws were sometimes a pain and there are certainly stories I could tell, but as is often the case with my in-laws, I just don't have the energy. Maybe later.

We have been insanely busy since we got back, and on Wednesday we are off again to California for the holidays for three weeks (it will be L's third cross-country trip in six months!). Hopefully I will get back up to speed when we return.

Meanwhile, G. and I need to do a lot of soul-searching in the coming weeks and figure out what comes next to us -- job-wise, location-wise, etc. As my maternity leave winds down (end of Feb.) I feel we are at a major crossroads, but I just have no idea which path to take. It's a tangled web of emotions, logic, gut feelings and bank account statements that seem to change and reprioritize every day. If anyone can let me know how to make some real money doing something I love WHILE taking care of my baby, please do let me know. :)

I hope all of my Internet friends have a wonderful, perfect holiday season. It's been a year of very high highs and some pretty low lows, but I am so full of thanks for my wonderful healthy baby and my amazing family and friends. I miss SS every day, but I just have to believe that somehow, somewhere, he is a part of these new adventures. I feel him near. And I am so thankful for our years of friendship, and that he got to meet my special girl.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is to majorly downsize. Then try to be frugal with groceries, etc. Most of the time, you can save more money that way than by getting a job, paying for childcare, lunches out, gas, etc... Anyway, you all are in my prayers! Glad you hear from you. -Jess

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home