Friday, September 16, 2005

No rest for the weary

The trip to California went smashingly well. We had a whole row to ourselves both directions, and -- with the exception of one big exploding poop incident during one takeoff -- L. slept the ENTIRE way. Thank you Children's Benadryl (used with doctor's blessing of COURSE)!!!

Now that we're home, though, I'm sorry to say the sleeping has not been going so well. I guess this is my punishment for being a little smug about her 5-7 hour stretches of night sleep by 6 weeks or so. Seems this week (at 3 months exactly) she's decided a crying/eating jag every 2-3 hours -- and then staying up for 45 minutes to 2 hours -- is more fun. She didn't even get up that much as a newborn! I appreciate that she wants to hang out and all, but...! Sigh.

Talked to the pediatrician this morning who said it's likely a combo of the big travel, our attempts to switch her from bassinet in our room to crib in her room (hard on all 3 of us), and a (new as of this morning) small cold. Hopefully this phase will pass -- meanwhile I'm sort of a basketcase.

Abby (I'd link to her blog but I'm sorry to say that it is no more, at least for the moment) tells me the baby Halloween costumes at Old Navy rule. I am going to check them out next week. That should make me feel better, no matter how sleep deprived!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Babies R Us for costumes, too. BRU and Old Navy have more of a selection beyond the typical peapod and pumpkin costumes that hoards of newborns usually wear (yawn!).

And yes, Kalena...I'll be back blogging soon! Thanks for the encouragement.

--abby

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope you get some sleep soon!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-from Jess

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home