Saturday, September 03, 2005

Look Ma, No Hands

I have a baby who must be held. She is a wonderul baby... but a very, very, very, very needy baby. The mobile in the crib or the play gym are okay, for about 2 minutes, or as long as I'm watching them WITH her. There is little or no self-entertaining, which doesn't lend itself well to blogging (let alone combing my hair or going to the bathroom). I suppose this is something I should be "training," but I just hate hearing her cry.

And I can't help but think, someday she won't *let* me hold her -- so I better get it while the getting is good!

If any of you are still out there, I hope you are well and I think of you often... I am here... just trying to stay afloat! :)

xxoo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kalena! Sorry I fell off the face of the earth a few months ago. I became very sick w/ my last trimester, but delivered a tiny, yet healthy baby girl on June 17. I've been reading up on your baby...OMG what a cutie pie! I lost your email address so if you forgive me for being MIA, I'd love to get back in touch! And I'll send you pics of my little one!

--Abby (mylongcommuteATyahooDOTcom)

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Have you tried a sling to carry her in? I know it just adds weight to your already tired body, but at least it would free up some hands! Oh, and brushing my hair has become a thing of the past...I'm such a pony-tailer now. Ugh.
--Abby

11:34 AM  
Blogger robyn said...

My oldest hated his Bjorn carrier -- he wanted to be out and looking around at all times. The youngest? That thing has been worth every penny multiplied times 100. He has to be snuggled up to me at all times and I'd never have a life without it...

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! And Abby, too.

Anyways, I don't blame you for wanting to hold her all the time. My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant right now and everytime I see a baby my arms just itch to hold it!

(By the way you probably know me as Babbling Brook... going by a new alias now, hence the "Dillygirl")

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home