Wednesday, April 20, 2005

More dreams.

Three nights ago, I dreamed my friends ShH and SeH (<--object of high school obsession and new father of my future son-in-law, har har) renovated their house to look like a giant animatronic fiberglass PINK Converse high-top shoe. Huh. The only obvious interpretation here has something to do with "the old woman who lived in the shoe, who had so many children, yada yada." But they only have one, and he's only 2 months old. So. Huh.

Two nights ago, I had a dream that SS's condition was so bad he had no muscle control and started convulsing and I thought he was going to die in front of me. I wanted to stop it, but I couldn't. No interpretation needed here... I am extra worried about him because he never got back to me about the taxes (I know, it's SO awkward and we NEVER should have let him agree to do them in the first place), even to tell me he wouldn't finish them (leaving us to scramble to file for an extension based on purely hypothetical information on 4/15). He's concientious, and he's an accountant for goodness sake, so ignoring his clients entirely on tax day is VERY foreboding.

Last night, I dreamt my sister was pregnant too, and only two weeks behind me, and mad that no one was doing anything nice for her (in spite of the fact that she hadn't told anyone she was pregnant). And instead of being happy that we had this in common now, I flipped out and cried to G. that she was stealing my thunder. Oh -- and she was having a boy. Another mystifying one. Who knew I was such a pregnancy egomaniac?

My good friend CC, meanwhile, called yesterday to say she had a dream that we were talking about the baby, and she asked me "Does the baby kick when she hears people talking?" I said, "Not in particular, except for SS. She always reacts when she hears his voice." Just a small moment, in someone else's subconcious. But it moved me so. So bittersweet. Maybe she does hear him, and know him... I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home