Monday, March 28, 2005

Drat.

This morning, after diligently avoiding all things sugary this weekend and skipping breakfast today, I reported to my doctor's office for my glucose test. Upon my arrival, the lab tech said "Who told you that? You could have at least eaten breakfast, sheesh! Oh well." So, to add insult to injury -- bad information AND no Easter candy! ARGH! (But guess who has a purse full of chocolate AND a piece of leftover birthday cake waiting at home?)

But maybe I should get some perspective on the sweets thing, anyhow, in light of my other news, which involves a VERY TRAUMATIC trip to the mall in search of a cute shower dress for next weekend.

Setting out, I was actually excited. I would get something flirty and summery, show off my darling prego tummy. Friends would oooh and awww. So cute. So I tried on dress after dress -- only to see staring back at me from the full length mirror: a giant stuffed sausage of a girl.
Okay, tummy, yes. But also big giant ass, big giant arms, and mostly -- big giant legs! Seriously, does ANYONE pregnant think their legs look good (or as good)? What the HELL is with all the above-the-knee dresses?

So, I hate to admit this but I actually cried at the mall. Chalk it up to hormones, or maybe just a big reality check. After all I've been in winter clothes for months -- months of full coverage and dark colors. Honestly, maybe I'm not as ready for spring as I thought.... Though I have a feeling that sentiment is nothing a few cherry blossoms won't change.

Cherry blossoms and a lovely pastel burlap sack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home