Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Improvement all around.

Begrudgingly, G. did call his dad to discuss the loan last night -- the call went great and was appreciated by all, and in the end we (with his dad's emphatic blessing) decided to put most of the bonus towards our higher-interest second mortgage and pay his dad a bit more every month to chip away at that debt. So, a good resolution and everyone's more or less happy, and although no one will admit I was right about their need to talk it through (and I am so far refraining from the I-told-you-so dance), at least I am not the bad guy anymore. Whew! On to the next mini-crisis....

Meanwhile, this week G. and I have dragged our sorry asses back to the gym for the first time in about 6 months. Okay, I had an excuse when I was feeling so sick. And it was KIND OF understandable through the coldest of the winter months. But now... especially in light of recent 12-girl-scout-cookies-in-one-sitting binges... I'm afraid there is no more justifying the slacking.

I've been taking it really easy, of course. Today I tried the recombinant bike and had to put my seat two clicks further back, because my knees kept hitting my big ol' tummy. How's that for a reality check!

The fun part is, after I work out, baby kicks like mad the rest of the day. I think she likes it! Clearly this is another sign I'm already a bad mother -- it's taken me 6 whole months to get into gear....! :)

Up next: Guilting myself back into flossing. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home