Friday, December 03, 2004

Nice.

New York was fantastic... and I don't always feel that way about New York. Part of it was Christmas in the air... the lights and the decorations (although I always feel a bit sick over the Rockefeller tree -- why do they have to chop it down from someone's yard? Isn't there a similarly lush and lovely tree that was going to be cut down anyway? And why are its owners always so HAPPY to see their beautiful -- LIVING -- tree taken away??). But I digress.

Clearly the highlight was that we won The Big Award -- and by this I mean one that will be recognized on my mantle even by people not in my industry.... and I am not too jaded to actually display it there! It was extra sweet because the project was controversial and second guessed by management, even though our team always believed in it. So, vindication.

I also saw everyone I wanted to see in the head office, no one I didn't, and got in some facetime with the big bosses. And about 10 minutes of personal time with the really big cheese, whom I had never met and who was very nice and much more handsome in person. (I know this is all very abstract but blogs are frowned upon in my profession especially...)

So. Over post-award celebratory drinks (and my obvious lack thereof) I told The All-Girl Team my news to great excitement. MGD and I had a girls-only dinner afterwards, and CC and I had a girls-only breakfast.

And, I managed to finagle the very last non-smoking room at my hotel with a combination of truth and untruth ("I'm pregnant [true] and I have asthma [not true]." All for a good and just cause, though, little one.

Only possible downside -- somehow emerged from the bar with streaks of grease ALL over the new outfit... Clearly the moral of this story is that I should NOT wear suits... and that, my friends, is hardly breaking news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home