Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Information Overload

At the prodding of several well-meaning shower-planning friends, over the weekend I decided to make my first visit to BabiesRUs in the interest of starting a registry. Oh my God. That place is freaking huge! I guess I had this idea that I'd just look at everything and choose a few things and be done with it. I mean, with all the government safety requirements, blah blah blah, how different could everything be?

To make a long (but boring) story short, I wandered around aimlessly for about 40 minutes, until I was totally overwhelmed -- then basically got out of there as fast as I could. And went and bought a $15 book, which breaks it all down. I don't know why I had been so resistant to buying a book... I already feel more sane. Slightly. Although I can't even begin to think about such things as breast pumps. GOD.

In other news, my parents-in-law are descending this afternoon -- for a week! In fact, they are probably already in my house, waiting for me (us) to get home so we can entertain them. I am already steeling myself for a lot of unsolicited advice and passive-aggressive criticism (MIL's dual specialties). I will report back on the latest snarky comments if I can even bear to think about them anymore once they leave.

Meanwhile, I am scheduled to go on a business trip to Austin tomorrow evening through Friday -- which, depending on who asks me, is either terrible or perfect timing with the in-law visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home