Monday, February 07, 2005

A very nice time

My very, very, very thoughtful husband threw me a very, very, very unexpected surprise party for my 30th birthday this weekend (actual b-day is Wednesday). Dang, I didn't see it coming AT ALL! I guess this means he has a heretofore unknown devious streak -- hopefully he will continue to use it for good and not evil.

About 20 people were there, the house looked absolutely gorgeous (kudos to some very generous, creative and sneaky friends for that), and there was even a catered Indian feast. I was so blown away I had to throw back a non-alcoholic beer -- something I haven't even craved since I got knocked up.

In retrospect, I probably should have been tipped off by the fact that he basically forced me to take a shower to run errands at Costco, that he virtually threw me out of the house for a few hours Saturday morning to go grocery shopping, and that he was unusually motivated to clean the house (even the bathrooms!). But you know what, I was just so damn happy that he wanted to clean the bathrooms, I didn't even question it. Would you? Please.

What a sweet boy. What a nice thought. Love him. (Clean bathrooms would have been enough!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home